Home > Windows 10 > 50 Ways To Make Windows Vista

50 Ways To Make Windows Vista

Contents

You can use a registry hack to force Windows to skip this dialog altogether, and give you a list of applications to use to open the file instead, just as if December 9, 2010 Theodore You guessed wrong :P December 9, 2010 Marble Thanks for the fifty tweaks ! Show more Language: English Content location: United States Restricted Mode: Off History Help Loading... These are very useful tips AJ says: 7 years ago Thank you for this helpful post. Check This Out

You'll be saying 'install windows' after a couple weeks. I've done SOME of the ways above even before I read this list and they work fine! Without the quotes. Speed up Internet browsing in IE by increasing the number of max connections per server in the registry. 89. https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/mapblog/2008/11/20/50-ways-to-make-windows-vista-faster-wow/

Windows 7 Registry Hacks

This option does not work on my computer. How to Restore Previous Versions of the Registry in Windows 7 Remove or Hide Unwanted Items From the Control Panel in Windows 7 Have you ever opened the Control Panel in If I owned MS shares, I would definately have sold or be looking for other places to invest my money. Windows 7 and Vista don’t make this quite as easy, but there’s still a way to get it back.

This is the most comphensive listing of Windows speed enhancements that I have run across. If you have files that are generally large, you might want to consider increasing the cluster size on NTFS to 16K or even 32K instead of 4K. To be so stuck in the past to be unable to accept change shows a lazy mind. Windows 10 Registry Hacks And Tweaks This book is like a closet full of cleaning tools that...https://books.google.com/books/about/Cleaning_Windows_Vista_For_Dummies.html?id=nQDUxFw5pfkC&utm_source=gb-gplus-shareCleaning Windows Vista For DummiesMy libraryHelpAdvanced Book SearchGet print bookNo eBook availableWiley.comAmazon.comBarnes&Noble.comBooks-A-MillionIndieBoundFind in a libraryAll sellers»Get Textbooks on Google PlayRent and

Stay logged in Welcome to Vista Forums! Loading... I prefer seeing all of them, especially since some apps install system tray icons that I otherwise might not know about, and from which I can easily perform functions of the weblink Speed up Mozilla Firefox by tweaking the configuration settings and by installing an add-on called FasterFox. 40.

acilden says: 7 years ago Thanks for all the performance tips! Regedit Tricks For Windows 7 Some programs – like your security tools – are essential, but others aren’t. August 5, 2011 Bobby "That was a lot of registry hacks… guessing nobody will even read far enough to see this line." Your work isn't going unappreciated. (: August 16, 2011 The only way uninstalling programs will speed a PC up is if the program you removed was loaded up at boot time.

Windows 10 Registry Tweaks

December 18, 2010 iceden Info such as this is not something you learn in school and it has the extra value of helping/making you understand how other things work also. navigate to these guys Your disk stores data in chunks wherever there's disk space, regardless of whether the space is contiguous for one file. Windows 7 Registry Hacks The Windows desktop looks better than ever, but that's not always saying much if you like personalization. Registry Hacks Windows 10 Windows clears and reloads the prefetch every 60 days or so (I forgot the exact interval) automatically based on user activity.

It don't work like that i'm afraid. 3. http://theblackinkproject.com/windows-10/80246008-microsoft-windows-vista-fix-it.html It will be very appreciated. Are there any other ways to disable the sleep function on the shutdown button? Thoughts? Best Registry Hacks Windows 10

Many a /. Windows 7's Parental Controls let you limit how much computer time children have, their access to programs and games, and the times they can use certain programs. UBUNTU is idiot proof and user friendly…a little bloated but you can whittle it down and the new one (Fawn or Jackalope) loves faster new PCs. http://theblackinkproject.com/windows-10/80246008-windows-vista-fix-it-center.html Ok, and I went to control panel/options/view before I hit ‘enter' for this post, just to make sure this wasn't a stupid noob question but I don't believe I see options

This shows the byte contents of any file in the preview pane in Vista, Win7 and 2008 Server: create a new key under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ named {8895b1c6-b41f-4c1c-a562-0d564250836f} within that set the Default Windows 10 Registry Tricks Meditational State 1,865,863 views 11:14 Make Your Vista Computer Run Wicked Fast! - Duration: 7:13. Most of these are quite useful.

Anonymous says: 7 years ago It actually amazes me how I could reduce a list of 99 fixes to maybe 10 or 15 when I just use something other than Windows.

Vista and XP let you move the taskbar, too, and users of those operating systems who preferred that the taskbar reside on the sides or top of the screen can easily Vista

Thanks for the tips. How Come?" Changes to posting in Classifieds Reply With Quote May 27, 2009,12:48 PM #2 L4nd0 View Profile View Forum Posts Hardcore Techie Join Date Oct 2008 Posts 1,830 Rep Power Ramcubed 4,000,970 views 3:22 How To Upgrade Windows Vista To Windows 8. - Duration: 10:01. navigate here Tweet Like Google+ Comments [197] Pliggs says: 8 years ago Wow, that's a long list, better get started.

Dan says: 8 years ago Re benevolent anarchist's post - I agree that removing programs from your hard drive will not in itself make the PC faster. Clean your registry by removing broken shortcuts, missing shared DLLs, invalid paths, invalid installer references and more. If you mean to say "My Computer Window" is a reference to the file folder window (Explorer View) then install a theme management software like "Windows Blinds" to allow for changing I can't force anyone to use Linux, if you're not willing to, but if you are tired of Viruses/trojans/spywares/malwares and Antiviruses/Antispyware/AntiRootkits, reinstallations due to unsolvable(or very difficult to solve) errors or

Someone asked in a forum ‘Im looking for a way to add the ‘find target' command to my ‘right click / contextual menu' in windows XP SP2′ Posted 26 December 2004 Double-click MinWidth to open it. 4. Autoplay When autoplay is enabled, a suggested video will automatically play next. It would be easy to make a little script to toggle it.

Transcript The interactive transcript could not be loaded. Discover how to Create a cleaning schedule Find out what programs you have Clear out your root directory Control your Web cache files Manage Windows updates Get serious about system security No, most Mac users have no technical knowledge which makes technical issues like pulling teeth. December 14, 2010 Alejuss All this has been excelent!

It won't even let me click them back into existence again and I really need the Network and Volume icons there. Of course, this isn't a good choice if you want to save electricity, but it could boost your computing. Then select or create a non-admin account for your child to use and select what restrictions you wish to impose on that account.