Home > Windows 10 > 80246008 Microsoft Support Vista Fix It

80246008 Microsoft Support Vista Fix It

Contents

Once fixed, with any luck, BITS will work again. Click here to Register a free account now! However, knowing that COM+ is very near and dear to the heart of windows, I doubt that this will actually fix anything. Other services depending on COM+ that might be vital to It should be automatically started and not stopped especially when You didnt check "Stop service when idle". http://theblackinkproject.com/windows-10/80246008-microsoft-vista-fix-it.html

G'day, Big decision has been made. Hello! After tons of trys, the topics either dried up or people did the clean wipe. 03-19-2011, 02:11 PM #14 niemiro Moderator- Microsoft SupportDeveloper Join Date: Feb 2010 Posts: I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit.

Error 0x80246007 Windows 10

Downloading Updates now! I did the TAKEOWN /F process for both address extensions in your post. The solution that worked for me was to remove the dependency on COM+ from the BITS service. Now restart the Cryptographic Service. 7.

CONTRIBUTE TO OUR LEGAL DEFENSE All unused funds will be donated to the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF). Thanks for creating a new topic. Make sure to check the folder name exactly! Error Code 0x80246008 Windows 10 First thing tomorrow I shall do this.

Just guessing. Error Code 80246008 When i click 'get help for this error', a window comes up saying ; "Windows Help and Support Help Topic Not Found This content under construction We were I found a MS topic where a few people were going throught the exact same thing. click FOLLOW US Twitter Facebook Google+ RSS Feed Disclaimer: Most of the pages on the internet include affiliate links, including some on this site.

I've tried starting BITS, this results in this message: Windows could not start the Background Intelligent Transfer Service service on Local Computer. Windows 10 Update Error 0x80246007 thanks for any help you guys can dovista error code 80246008Try that. The Windows Update temporary folder has been corrupted. 3. Leaving the workaround for Windows Updates to install properly, did You managed to find the reason why COM+ Event System service is starting and then stopping?

Error Code: (0x80246007) Windows 10

The "BITS" item is not listed under services, but I did find the "EventSystem" listed under "COMSysApp". view publisher site Thanks LH. Error 0x80246007 Windows 10 Got a window stating the repair wasn't necessary.... 80246007 Windows 7 Wednesday, September 14, 2011 7:26 AM Reply | Quote 0 Sign in to vote Thank you, thank you, thank you, for articulating those instructions so eloquently!

In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7 My System He might try re registering Crypto Service .dll files. this content It started when a scanner popped up and kindly offered to find and delete viruses on my computer. Richard __________________ 03-20-2011, 05:01 AM #19 axb006 Registered Member Join Date: Mar 2007 Posts: 215 OS: W7 I did it. When attempting, however, I got a window noting the files were already there and was asked if I wanted to overwrite. Error 0x80246008 Windows 10

lolerary Inactive Malware Help Topics 11 04-03-2011 07:35 PM Browser Hijacked HELP! No CBS.log is perfectly safe. Copy the following commands and then paste them into the opened Notepad window: set BitsRegKey=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\BITS reg add %BitsRegKey% /v LogFileFlags /t REG_DWORD /d 0xfbcf /f reg add %BitsRegKey% /v LogFileSize /t http://theblackinkproject.com/windows-10/80246008-microsoft-windows-vista-fix-it.html b.

Reports: · Posted 6 years ago Top pdeshmukh Posts: 1 This post has been reported. Windows 10 Update Error Code: (0x80246007) What is more COM+ Event System is visible as stopped but it doesnt cause any problem with normal system work. Please don't forget to re-run SFC.

Praying I don't need to do that.

Hello! One I can see very prominently from the error log, VSS - it won't run, and without it, I can't get system restore to run.   Considering I can find no I reset Windows Update via: Reset_Reregister_Windows_Update_Components.bat I did not use the option which clears the update history. 5. Windows Update Error 80246008 I got an error 126. 4.

Please navigate to C:\Programdata\Microsoft\Network\Downloader folder. Here's the link to that issue posted here in the recent past: CAN'T Install Windows Updates - Two Error Codes NOW; here comes my desktop with the same issues, but nothing Log onto Windows by using the Administrator account or any user account with the Administrator privileges. check over here Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start.   So I looked at the dependent services and it appears that COM+ Event System is not starting properly: The COM+

I performed sfc /scannow again. Choose Save when you are prompted to save the file. G'day, Is no-one able to assist me further with this problem? Was able to go into Adminstrative Tools / Services and change Com+ from disabled (????!!!) to Automatic and only then was I able to restart the BITS.  Downloaded and installed updates. 

Access was denied. Click OK Narf Reports: · Posted 6 years ago Top gramps2008 Posts: 83 This post has been reported. BLEEPINGCOMPUTER NEEDS YOUR HELP! I've decided to do a clean install of Windows 7 Home Premium.

When I bring up the update window, it starts to look for updates then shows the downloading section, but it stays at 0% complete for several minutes, the window kinda "freezes Click Start , click Control Panel, click Folder Options, and then click the View tab. 2. It will remind me to dig deeper. Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers.

Error Code: 2." 3. Thursday, August 16, 2012 4:15 PM Reply | Quote 0 Sign in to vote Hi Vladwhatever, I am having this issue with Windows 7. Type "register.bat" as the file name and choose Desktop from the left panel as the location. 4.